DIY Industrial Mirror Makeover
Industrial-look mirrors are not only highly sought-after, but also come with a very high price tag. Nevertheless, a mirror like this looks great and conjures up a modern look in any home. That’s why today I’m going to show you how you can transform any mirror with a frame into a piece of jewelry. Without spending a fortune.
For your Ikea mirror makeover you need:
- An old mirror with a frame (I used an old Ikea mirror)
- Black sealing tape
- Black spray paint
- Glass cleaner
- A painter’s film
- Adhesive tape
This will give your old mirror a modern look
1. cut your painter’s foil to the size of your mirror surface.
2. place the cut film on the mirror and stick it to the outer edge of the mirror surface with adhesive tape. Press the tape down firmly so that no paint runs underneath.
3. carefully clean your frame with glass cleaner.
4. take the black spray paint and spray the frame with it. It is best to place the mirror on two trestles so that you can reach it easily. You should also only use the paint outside so that you don’t spray something wrong and don’t inhale the toxic fumes. A breathing mask is also very helpful here.
5. leave the mirror to dry overnight. Depending on the result, you can paint it again the next morning or go straight to step 6.
6. remove the adhesive tape and film from the mirror.
7. take the glass cleaner and clean the mirror thoroughly!
8. now take a pencil and a ruler and mark on the mirror where you want your black lines.
9. cut the self-adhesive sealing tape to size and apply it to the marked areas. Press it down firmly so that you can easily clean over it later.